At TRIBE, we specialize in teaching all levels of tumbling. We are skilled in instruction of basic skills such as roll progression, cartwheels, round-offs, and walkovers. We also have years of experience teaching handsprings, tucks, layouts, fulls, double fulls, and everything in between!
We have FOUR main age/ability ranges for tumbling classes:
- PARENT & ME TUMBLING for ages 2-4 (COMING SOON!)
- These classes introduce basic words, tumbling shapes, body mobility, strength, and fun to Athletes in their earliest years at TR⇧BE. The fun is shared with a parent at each weekly class where we will help our young Athletes get comfortable in the gym, with the equipment, and learning what different shapes look and feel like in tumbling.
- Athletes will be parent-assisted to learn things like roll shapes, straight lines with their body, using mats to help build and develop early mobility, flexibility, and strength.
- BEGINNING TUMBLING for ages 3-6
- FOCUSES include “body basics” and level one tumbling skills (basic body dynamics and muscular control, shoulder and leg strength, flexibility), handstands, rolls, cartwheels, bridges, and more.
- Athletes will be moved to INTERMEDIATE tumbling when they turn 7, or when the can adequately perform the following skills:
- Back Bend
- Handstand Front Limber
- Forward Roll
- Backward Roll
- INTERMEDIATE TUMBLING for ages 7-9
- FOCUSES include “body basics” and level one tumbling skills (basic body dynamics and muscular control, shoulder and leg strength, flexibility), handstands, rolls, cartwheels, bridges, and start to break into more advanced beginning skills such as walkovers, round offs, and both strength and technical drills for handsprings.
- Athletes will be moved to ALL LEVELS tumbling when they turn 10, or when the can adequately perform the following skills:
- Front Walkover
- Back Walkover
- Round-off Rebound
- ALL-LEVELS TUMBLING for ages 10+
- FOCUSES include everything from body basics in our dynamic “line drill” warm-up to perfect technical aspects of basics through the athlete’s current level. During station work athletes will work on both perfection and progression to accomplish the next appropriate skill for their current tumbling level.
Our coaches have trained some of the best cheerleaders, dancers, and tumblers in the area for many years. Our class structure puts an emphasis on skill-specific drills, conditioning, and organized rotations during class to keep kids moving and improving for the entire 55 min class.
Joining a tumbling class is one of the best ways to boost your skill level for high school and collegiate cheerleading tryouts. We put an emphasis and focus on safe progression to help avoid injuries, mental blocks, and ensure that each individual athlete is set up to succeed in the LONG RUN.
The cost for a monthly tumbling class is $50/month – which gives you one class per week for the entire month! There is no long-term commitment, you can join at anytime. Each athlete will be charged an annual Insurance and Registration Fee of $50 upon enrolling and again during their “anniversary month” each year they are still enrolled. Our current tumbling class schedule can be found at the link HERE. Click the REGISTER NOW arrow at the top of the page or email us at Office@OurTribeAthletics.com for more information.
Make-up classes can be scheduled one week before or after the missed class. You MUST email the office for any make-up class. Tribe will do our best to find a class that has availability that works with your schedule. Space is reserved for the make-up in available classes as we maintain our athlete to coach ratio.