PREP TEAM REGISTRATION 2020-2021
REGISTRATION (and evaluations/placements where we gauge each athlete’s skill set to place them effectively) IS COMING UP QUICKLY for the 2020-2021 Prep Season! Our main registration days for PREP teams is Saturday, August 29 from 10AM-3PM. You can stop in ANYTIME during these hours.
If our main registration date/time doesn’t work, for a $25 private lesson fee you can choose to do a private evaluation and registration time. Email us at Office@OurTribeAthletics.com with any questions or to arrange an individual registration time. ALL private registration must be completed between Sunday, August 23 and Sunday August 30.
PRE-REGISTER NOW HERE TO SAVE YOUR ATHLETE’S SPOT!
WHO: All athletes ages 5-18 as of December 31, 2020 – no experience in cheerleading or tumbling is necessary to join! There is a level and division for EVERYONE! Our teams are built around USASF prep levels.
PARENT PACKET: Our 2020-2021 Prep Team Parent Packet is now available! See it now on the FORMS tab. This contains almost all important information for the season. During the registration process, each family will sign stating they understand the terms of each section.
LOCATION: Registration will take place at our gym in Grimes (behind SkyZone) at 1400 SE Gateway Drive #108 Grimes, IA 50111
QUESTIONS: Email us at email@example.com and we will help you however we can. Please take a minute to read through our MISSION STATEMENT and check out our FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM to see what we are all about!
SAVE TIME BY COMPLETING THE FOLLOWING AHEAD OF TIME
- Parent Portal Registration – if you have already been in a class or on a team at TR⇧BE, this will already be complete. We will confirm your address and billing information at registration day. All athletes wishing to be placed on a team MUST have a current credit/debit card on file. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- Release Form – all athletes must have a new release on file for the 2020-2021 season. We will confirm completion on registration day.
- Financial Agreement Form – this form must be completed by EVERY family for the 2020-2021 season. Please read and sign. We will confirm completion on registration day.
- Signed Parent Packet (coming soon) – this must be completed prior to registration day. Please READ EACH PIECE prior to signing.
- If you are a new team athlete at TR⇧BE, please email a birth certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve already provided this to us in a past year, you will not need to bring or send again. This is used to verify age thru USASF, the governing body of All-Star Cheerleading. We will register your athlete with the USASF during the registration process this year. Returning athletes will NOT need to redo this portion of registration.
- Download our new mobile app for APPLE or ANDROID – once downloaded, you’ll enter “tribeathletics” as the organization name on the front login page, then use your own credentials to log in used to create your parent portal account.
- How long will tryouts/registration take?
- Our quick 1-2-3-Floor Process is fast and easy! For returning athletes or athletes transitioning from our tumbling program, you can have most of the process done ahead of time with our skill charts from class and your information already on file. You can save time the day of by completing some of the checklist items above.
- For brand new athletes to TR⇧BE, you can expect approximately 30-45 minutes depending on the density of families registering when you arrive.
- Who can tryout?
- All males and females ages 3-18 as of December 31, 2020. All ages will follow USASF‘s age grids and guidelines.
- When are the team practices?
- Every team practices 2x per week for 1.5 hours. Each athlete also has a tumbling class included with their monthly tuition. Team practice schedules will be released AFTER placement day (so we can determine how many teams we’ll have as well as set our coaching schedules).
- SCHOOL YEAR (September thru April): All teams will have a practice on Sunday and one weekday practice (either Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday)
- I/my athlete have/has ______ skill(s), which team will I/they make?
- We do not know exactly the teams we will have until after registration day. While certain skills drive athletes to different levels, as a staff we are looking to create TEAMS that will succeed and compete well with the information and knowledge we have on the scoring system.
- Many of our L1 athletes are working on L2 skills after perfecting their L1 skills, many of our L3 team athletes already have individual L4 skills, and so on. The key to success is to create teams that are well-rounded and will hit every area of the scoresheet.
- Much like baseball/softball teams, it is not advantageous to have a “14 and under Team” (Junior Division) that is full of 8-10 year olds. Those athletes will become much more competitive on an “11 and under Team” (Youth Division) that is full of athletes that age who will compete against athletes their same age.
- What levels does TR⇧BE typically offer?
- We generally have prep teams spread across all competitive levels available.
- How do you decide which athletes go on which team?
- We place athletes based on the divisions we are allowed to compete in by our the governing body of all-star cheerleading, USASF.
- We look at skill level, experience, team composition, maturity, age, and much more in determining the best fit for your athlete.
- Please understand that our staff knows the best place for your athletes – we are looking at many moving parts to make the season a success for ALL of our teams and ALL of our athletes. By registering at TR⇧BE, we appreciate that you respect our final decision of team placements.
- What do we have to pay at registration?
- Due to the timing of Prep Team registration, the uniform payment will be due during the registration process ($200) so we can immediately order uniforms. This ensures that we will have uniforms in time for picture day at our annual POW△WOW showcase event.
- During the registration process, you will also pay your annual USASF membership fee to the USASF directly (we’ll help you through this process). This fee is $30 and is a mandatory fee to participate on a team at any all-star gym in the USA.
- I’ve never cheered before, can I still tryout and will I make a team?
- NO EXPERIENCE is necessary! We have an age group and level for every athlete’s needs and experience from beginners to the most elite athletes in the state.
- What dates are required for full-season team athletes?
- All competitions are required, NO EXCEPTIONS. The Parent Packet on the Forms tab has a full list of important dates as well as gym closure dates – please try to schedule trips during these planned closures to help the team succeed, and pay close attention to our attendance policy.
- What competitions will we attend?
- Our competition schedule is posted on the last page of the parent packet. All competitions are required.
- How does billing work?
- All items are auto-billed on the first of the month. There is a detailed payment schedule included in the Parent Packet. Parents must have a debit or credit card on file in their Parent Portal account to register at TR⇧BE.